These meetings are currently held in the Zoom room linked on the meetings page.
- Hello, my name is ______________ and I’m an addict. Can we start the meeting with a moment of silence for the addict who still suffers followed by the Serenity Prayer?
- Welcome to an online meeting hosted by the Sasquatch Area of Narcotics Anonymous, and this homegroup, ________________.
- We’d like to welcome any visitors to our Area here in Utah and any visitors to NA. This is an open meeting of Narcotics Anonymous–everyone is welcome but we do ask that only addicts share.
- To maintain safety and a spirit of recovery, we have muted all the mics. Please turn on your front-facing camera and use the “raise hand” feature in Zoom if you’d like to share. Please share the time and limit your sharing to 3-4 minutes. I will hold up this note [hold up note] when you have 1 minute remaining to wrap up. It’s helpful if you acknowledge that you see the note.
I have asked a friend to read…:
- Who is an addict? PDF
- What is the NA program? PDF
- Why Are we Here? PDF
- How It Works PDF
- The 12 Traditions PDF
- We Do Recover PDF
Thanks everyone for reading.
- Our 7th tradition says that we are fully self-supporting through the contributions of NA members only. The @SasquatchArea Venmo account can collect contributions for any area homegroup. All contributions made tonight will support this homegroup, which is ___________.
- We are presented with a dilemma; when NA members identify themselves as addicts and alcoholics, or talk about living clean and sober, the clarity of the NA message is blurred. To speak in this manner suggests that there are two diseases, that one drug is somehow separate from the rest, requiring special recognition. Narcotics anonymous makes no distinction between drugs. Our identification as addicts is all-inclusive, which allows us to concentrate on our similarities, not our differences. (Wanna share it? It’s here.)
- I’ve asked ____________ to help celebrate clean time today. (virtual keytags PDF)
- In Narcotics Anonymous, we stay clean just for today. But we do like to show that the program works by celebrating various lengths of clean time.
- (Invite introductions)
- 30 days
- 60 days
- 90 days
- 6 mos
- 9 mos
- 1 year
- 18 mos
- multiple years
- once again for the Newcomer?
(Topic/Homegroup Preference… or keep going)
- The Just for Today mediation says… (read it or ask someone to, or do your homegroup’s typical reading)
- The meeting is now open to share on the reading or anything related to the solution of recovery.
(At the end of the meeting)
- We have reached the end of the meeting. If you wanted to share but didn’t speak up or get a chance to, or if you have a burning desire to use, please stick after the meeting and talk.
- Working steps with a sponsor is a vital part of staying clean and living in recovery. If you’d like to start working with a sponsor, please stick around after the meeting and reach out to anyone raising their hands now.
- The therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel, and we don’t have to be in the same place to help one another–so keep coming back.
Can someone please read Just for Today PDF
Close with prayer of choice.
Third Step Prayer LINK